CABRA LEAGUES COMPLETELY RESPECTS YOUR RIGHT TO PRIVACY. WE ARE COMMITTED TO PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. BELOW IS AN OUTLINE OF HOW WE HANDLE YOUR INFORMATION.
Cabra Leagues follows the principles outlined by the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. As of 12th March, 2014 the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) replaced the National Privacy Principles.
Cabramatta Leagues Club will be open and transparent in relation to how and why we collect your information; and how we may use it. Where feasible, you will be given the option to elect for us to not collect/use your information for a particular purpose.
- How and when Cabra Leagues collect your information;
- How and when Cabra Leagues uses and discloses your personal information;
- How Cabra Leagues keeps your personal information secure and accurate;
- How an individual can access their information; and
- How Cabra Leagues will facilitate or resolve a privacy complaint.
WHAT IS CLASSIFIED AS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
The Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) defines ‘personal information’ as information or opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in material form or not, about an individual whose identity is reasonably identifiable, from information or opinion.
HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
The kind of information that we collect is:
- Your contact information such as full name (first and last), email address, current postal address, current physical address and phone numbers;
- Details related to your employment (where applicable) or previous employment;
- Your date of birth;
- Proof of your date of birth (including, but not limited to, driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate);
- If you work within the club as a staff member, or, have a relationship with the club as a creditor or in other capacities (including, but not limited to, sponsor, volunteer, or committee representative) we may hold additional information on you or your organisation.
- When using your Cabra Leagues membership card in a gaming terminal, entry kiosk, bars or any other point-of-sale system, the information is collected and collated through our ‘Cabra Rewards’ program and linked to our membership database.
This information in a consolidated form is used to assess patron behaviour to ensure we are offering the best service and tailored experiences to each of our guests.
WHAT SORT OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Cabra Leagues may collect information from you in a multitude of ways. Some of these include:
- When applying for membership;
- Requests for products or services;
- Purchasing food, beverages, or other products;
- Using credit card or EFTPOS for purchases;
- Event ticket purchases;
- Competition entries or voting services;
- Cabra Rewards program;
- Utilising the club’s services with your membership card;
- Completing surveys or questionnaires;
- When you actively enter a promotion, send us a contact request, we may ask for your information in order to appropriately fulfil your request, entry, or inquiry.
Engagement in these activities is completely voluntary.
HOW WE HOLD & STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Cabra Leagues is committed to protecting your information. We take reasonable steps to prevent your information from unauthorised access, loss, release, alteration, or misuse.
Information may, in some cases be held as hard copies, but in most cases will be stored electronically on the Club’s systems and/or software.
Cabra Leagues maintains strict physical security over its paper and electronic data stores. Our club also uses advanced electronic security measures such as firewalls, closed systems, network security policies, and complex password requirements. This coupled with strict access control helps us ensure integrity of your information preventing, unauthorised access, misuse, modification, or release.
Cabra Leagues will permanently destroy or de-identify any information that is no longer needed for its purpose of collection.
Whilst Cabra Leagues does take every step to ensure security of data, you acknowledge that intentionally or unintentionally providing personal details for purposes of collection does have inherent and associated risk
Your information is stored in secure, access-restricted databases; that can only be accessed by authorised individuals. Furthermore, all staff with access to information of this nature sign confidentiality agreements as part of their employment with the club.
INFORMATION DISCLOSURE AND PURPOSE
Generally speaking, information is used for the purpose of facilitating the sale, management and enjoyment of the club’s services and products. We may also use your information for managing our business relationships. For instance, your information could be used for us to contact you regarding:
- Marking updates or promotions by us or our related bodies (including directly marketed messages) in relation to our Rewards Program and more;
- To offer you content or updates that may pertain, or be of interest to you;
If you do not wish to receive these offers, you are able to notify us at any time and we will remove you from further related correspondence.
Cabra Leagues may also supply your information to third parties who we have a commercial relationship with for the supply of certain products or services within the club. We may also supply information to third parties who we have a commercial relationship extending outside general operation of the club.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Product suppliers who require the information for fulfilment of services;
- Mail and email handling services;
- Market Research agencies conducting research on our behalf;
- Anti Money Laundering requirements;
- Voluntary admission into Self Exclusion Program; and
- Where the information is required by law.
In such situations the third party is prohibited from using information about you outside the purpose in which they were engaged.
PUBLIC DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
When you post on social media platforms, operated by Cabra Leagues or associated venues, it is understood and accepted that this information is considered public domain and Cabra Leagues is not in a position to accept any responsibility for whom and why anyone might access that information
HOW CAN YOU ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
Should you require access to the information we have collected in our course of operation, you will be required to address the Privacy Officer in writing which will be handled in accordance with the appropriate legislation.
Most relevant information regarding the club, privacy and this policy can be found on our website cabraleagues.com.au. If you require further information please contact:
The Privacy Officer
24 Sussex Street,
Cabramatta, NSW 2166
Where lawful, and practical, individuals may opt to transact with the club anonymously. However, as a Club, we are required by law to collect information that pertains to data such as names, date of birth, address and contact details.
When you visit Cabra Leagues website, our Internet Service Provider (ISP) makes a record of the visits and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- The Users server address;
- The Top-Level Domain (.com, .gov.au, etc);
- the date and time of the requests;
- the pages accessed;
- the resources and/or documents downloaded;
- the previous site visited; and
- the type of browser/device being used.
Cabra Leagues will make no attempt to identify individuals based on this information.
We will use ‘cookies’ to enhance your experience, however personal information is recorded through the use of ‘cookies’.
We may collect personal information should you contact us through use of a web-form, or other means of web interaction.
THE COMPLAINTS PROCESS
If you have concerns or questions surrounding this Policy, or the way in which your information is handled; we’ve implemented a complaints process for you to submit your query or grievance.
In writing to:
The Privacy Officer
24 Sussex Street,
Cabramatta, NSW 2166
If for whatever reason you believe that Cabra Leagues has not handled your complaint with due diligence, or you are unhappy with the outcome you may contact the Privacy Commissioner:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner(OAIC)
PO BOX 5218
1300 363 922